Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Hey, I made a blog...

(I'm no stranger to travel. However, I am a newbie at blogging so work with me while I find my groove.) 


The point of this blog is to share the stories and memories I have had over the past 5 years while traveling con mis amigas.

I'm going to start with the past... 
I hope to cover the US travels (of which there are many! Maggie and I took a pretty epic road trip across the south after she graduated college... we'll get to that), what we did in Spain, and The Great Euro Trip of 2009 (Deanna, that's you girlfriend!).


I leave for Rio de Janeiro immediately after I graduate from the University of Arkansas in May to study economics/business for a month. When the program ends, I will be traveling through South America until August with my cousin Charishma who just graduated from Stanford. I ordered my Lonely Planet South America book yesterday from Amazon and will be choosing destinations to visit based on what seems interesting. The possibilities are endless!!!!!


This summer I will be posting from various countries and hot-spots around South America and let my loved ones -and possibly strangers, since I don't privacy-lock my accounts- live vicariously through this webary (web+diary. like it? I just made that up :) and will post suggestions, questions, comments, criticisms, whatever makes you come back and visit again.


I hope that by reading these travels you will be inspired, learn something new, maybe 'lol' a little bit, and enjoy the ride!


1 comment:

  1. Where's the like button? Or the love if there is one? I found the key word by the way, hehe. And I have only a couple of corrections to make. Excellent story telling number 1, memories flooded back so keep it comin'. I laughed out loud when you reminded me that the Argentinians were convinced we didn't like each other, hahaha. The first time you mention the Joe Cocker you've got Joe Crocker. But it's kinda perfect as you are mentioning him in a 'who gives a shit' air anyway. Also, Hooter's I think happened because we went to every friggin restaurant in town and price compared and felt ripped off, so hit the only place we knew to get ripped off anyway...Remember when we did venture to a swiss restaurant? I believe the waiter ended up running down the street after us, why was that again? And renting bikes...you forgot to mention we ended up going down the wrong lane on a HIGHWAY, I was screaming and cursing at you for leading us there. okay, love you lots

    ReplyDelete